我們也在笑—讀匈牙利笑瑜伽研究筆記

我們也在笑——讀匈牙利笑瑜伽研究筆記




隔著屏幕,我們也在笑

我讀的是一篇來自匈牙利的研究,篇名很長,叫《女性對笑瑜伽的心理生理反應:關於這項新型體育活動的視覺和練習效果的兩項研究》(Psychophysiological Responses to Laughter Yoga in Women: Two Studies on the Visual and Practice Effects of this New Physical Activity)。它刊登在2021年的《波羅的海運動與健康科學期刊》(Baltic Journal of Sport and Health Sciences),由布達佩斯羅蘭大學(ELTE Eötvös Loránd University)的研究團隊完成。

這篇研究做了兩個實驗。第一個,找來13位平均22歲的女生,讓她們看一段25分鐘的笑瑜伽影片,然後量度她們的情緒和生理變化。第二個,找來25位平均64歲的女士,讓她們親身參與一堂笑瑜伽課,同樣量度前後的分別。

我讀到這裡,停了一下。因為第一個實驗的設定,正是我每天在做的事——對著屏幕,觀看,然後笑。

研究發現,即使是「觀看」笑瑜伽,也能讓心率每分鐘增加約13次,呼吸頻率每分鐘增加約7次,而且負面情緒顯著下降,感覺狀態明顯提升。換句話說,隔著屏幕,身體還是有反應,心情還是會變好。

這一點,我很有感受。我沒有參加過實體的笑瑜伽課堂,我的練習都在線上。每日對著一個Zoom畫面,有時二十格,有時五格,拍手、搖晃、閉上眼笑。笑完之後,肩膀的確會鬆一點,呼吸會順一點。那份感覺不是想像出來的,是身體告訴我的。

第二個實驗的結果更明顯。實際參與課程的參加者,正向情緒由課前的16.71分升至20.67分,負面情緒從8.05分降至6.52分,心率從每分鐘55次升至72次,呼吸頻率從18升至22。而且她們的心率大部分時間處於「熱身區間」,部分更進入「燃脂區間」和「有氧訓練區間」。換句話說,笑瑜伽不只是「開心」,它同時是一項低至中等強度的身體活動。

我在網上看過不少笑瑜伽的練習影片,有時會跟著做,有時只是看著別人笑。閱讀這份研究之前,我從未想過「觀看」本身也算一種參與。而閱讀之後,我發現自己對「觀看」這回事,多了一層理解。原來即使我只坐在電腦前,沒有離開座位,身體還是在回應。

這份研究還提到一個重點:笑瑜伽的效果,似乎不受個人幽默感或期望影響。也就是說,無論你本來是嚴肅的人、覺得笑很尷尬的人,或者對笑瑜伽抱持懷疑的人,只要你願意觀看或參與,身體和心理還是會產生正面變化。這一點,我覺得很重要。因為很多人(包括以前的我)會覺得:「我又不幽默,笑不出來。」或者「對著屏幕笑,好奇怪。」但數據告訴我們,身體的反應,並不需要你先相信它才發生。

讀完這份研究,我沒有學到什麼高深的理論,反而多了一份踏實。因為它印證了一件我一直感受著的事:笑,無論是參與還是觀看,都會留下痕跡。那些痕跡,可能是一次心跳的加快,一次呼吸的轉深,或者一次情緒的輕微上揚。

說到底,笑瑜伽或許不需要你「準備好」才開始。你只需要坐下,打開畫面,看著,或者跟著笑。身體會自己跟上的。


Report from:
Scientific Research on
Laughter Yoga
The Psychophysiological effects of observing Laughter Yoga visually without physical participation
Hungarian Study


We Are Laughing Too, Even Through the Screen

I read a study from Hungary. It has a very long title: "Psychophysiological Responses to Laughter Yoga in Women: Two Studies on the Visual and Practice Effects of this New Physical Activity". It was published in 2021 in the Baltic Journal of Sport and Health Sciences, and was conducted by a research team from ELTE Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest.

This study included two experiments. In the first one, 13 young women (average age 22) watched a 25-minute Laughter Yoga video, and the researchers measured their emotional and physical changes. In the second one, 25 older women (average age 64) personally took part in a Laughter Yoga class, and the researchers also measured the differences before and after.

When I read up to this point, I paused. This is because the setup of the first experiment is exactly what I do every day – facing a screen, watching, and laughing.

The study found that even just "watching" Laughter Yoga can increase heart rate by about 13 beats per minute and respiration rate by about 7 breaths per minute. On top of that, negative emotions decreased significantly, and feeling states improved clearly. In other words, even through a screen, the body still responds, and the mood still gets better.

I can really relate to this. I have never attended an in-person Laughter Yoga class. All my practices are online. Every day, I face a Zoom screen, sometimes with twenty grids, sometimes with five. We clap, shake, and close our eyes to laugh. After laughing, my shoulders feel looser, and my breathing feels smoother. That feeling is not imagined; my body tells me so.

The results of the second experiment were even more obvious. For those who actually practiced in the class, positive emotions rose from 16.71 to 20.67, and negative emotions dropped from 8.05 to 6.52. Their heart rate rose from 55 to 72 beats per minute, and respiration rate rose from 18 to 22. Moreover, most of the time, their heart rates were in the "warm-up zone," and some even entered the "fat-burning" and "aerobic training" zones. In other words, Laughter Yoga is not just about being "happy"; it is also a light to moderate physical activity.

I have watched many Laughter Yoga practice videos online. Sometimes I follow along, and sometimes I just watch others laugh. Before reading this study, I never thought that "watching" itself could be a form of participation. After reading it, I found myself having a deeper understanding of "watching." It turns out that even if I just sit in front of the computer and do not leave my seat, my body is still responding.

The study also mentioned a key point: the effects of Laughter Yoga do not seem to be influenced by personal humor styles or expectations. That means whether you are a serious person, someone who finds laughing embarrassing, or someone who doubts Laughter Yoga, your body and mind will still change positively as long as you are willing to watch or participate. I think this point is very important. Many people (including the old me) would think: "I am not humorous, I cannot laugh." Or: "Laughing at a screen is so weird." But the data tells us that the body's response happens even before you believe in it.

After reading this study, I did not learn any deep theories, but I felt more grounded. This is because it confirmed something I have always felt: laughing, whether participating or watching, leaves a mark. Those marks could be a faster heartbeat, a deeper breath, or a slight lift in mood.

In the end, Laughter Yoga might not require you to be "ready" to start. You just need to sit down, open the screen, watch, or laugh along. Your body will follow.



大家喜歡這篇 "大笑瑜珈” 的文章嗎? 如果喜歡的話,希望你能夠點讚、分享給有需要的朋友。

Do you like this article about Laughter Yoga? If you do, I hope you can give it a like and share it with friends in need.


**Dr. Kataria 的線上 "大笑瑜珈” 是不收取任何費用的,而且是每周定期進行。

Dr. Kataria's online Laughter Yoga sessions are completely free of charge and take place regularly every week.

了解更多 >> https://www.laughteryoga.org/zoom-laughter-club/


大笑瑜珈寫作課-海綿篇 Laughter Yoga Knowledge

https://laughter-yoga-knowledge.blogspot.com/

大笑瑜伽寫作課-樂圖篇 Laughter Yoga Comic

https://laugh-yoga-hk.blogspot.com/

文. 東加豆 / Tonkabean

https://tonkabean.me/

2026年 6月


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Challenge Game! Laughter Yoga Very Fun! 2026 In Different Mother Tongues.

笑的五種面貌

26. Signature laughter exercise (標誌性笑聲練習)