壽命與健康壽命/Lifespan and Healthspan
壽命與健康壽命
這個理論其實很多人都知道。活得久不夠,要活得好才行。
但為什麼知道歸知道,做歸做?
文章提到一個很根本的問題:現代醫學幫我們延長壽命,但延長的是「年歲」還是「生活」?我見過一些長輩,九十幾歲,但最後那二十年都在病、痛、孤獨、情緒低落中度過。他們活得很老,但沒有活得好。
Dr. Kataria 將這種情況叫做:長壽命,短健康。
健康壽命很簡單——你走得動、想得了事、睡得著、有人聊天、有時笑得出來。這些事情,比「還沒死」困難很多倍。
但問題是,我們知道運動好、飲食好、社交好、笑好。書有講、醫生有講、社交媒體天天講。但不知道為什麼,知道歸知道,做歸做。
為什麼?
文章說,有一個因素經常被忽略:喜悅。
沒有喜悅的生活會變成負擔,沒有歡笑的生活會變得機械,缺乏人際互動的生活會變得孤獨。這些話聽起來像道理,但偏偏是最容易忘記的事。
我每天做線上大笑瑜伽。不是因為我特別勤奮,而是因為我發現,做了之後,整個人會輕鬆一些。有時做完會興奮,因為線上那些人已經變成真正的朋友。這種感受,你沒有親身試過,很難解釋給別人聽。
文章還講了五個大笑瑜伽對健康的好處:減壓、增氧氣、提升正向情緒、加強社交、鼓勵活動。不需要器材、不需要大地方,十幾分鐘就夠。但說到底,這些都是輔助,真正的改變,在於你怎麼看待「目標」。
沒有目標的人生,無論多長都是空洞的。我每天寫作、每天運動,這就是我的目標。沒有這些,日子會變得很長、很空洞。
現代社會崇尚工作而忽略玩樂。孩子一天笑幾百次,成年人卻被責任壓得喘不過氣。但玩樂不是奢侈品,而是生物本能。我做大笑瑜伽,就是把玩樂重新放回生活裡。不用太久,十幾分鐘就夠。放下煩惱,找回童心。
Dr. Kataria 這篇文章沒有數據、沒有圖表、沒有科學引用。它只是在講一個很多人都知道但不太願意面對的道理:活得久很好,但活得好才是真正的目標。
問題是,怎麼從「知道」變成「做到」?
我每天做線上大笑瑜伽,不是為了活到一百歲,而是為了在那些年歲裡,還能動、還能笑、還能感受到一點點快樂。
你呢?你今天笑了嗎?
*Lifespan and Healthspan
Most people already know this idea. Living long is not enough. We need to live well.
But why do we know it, yet fail to do it?
The article raises a basic question: modern medicine helps us live longer, but does it give us more "years" or more "life"? I have seen some elderly people in their nineties, but their last twenty years were filled with illness, pain, loneliness, and low mood. They lived long, but they did not live well.
Dr. Kataria calls this: long lifespan, short healthspan.
Healthspan is simple — being able to move, think clearly, sleep well, have someone to talk to, and laugh sometimes. These things are much harder than just "not dying yet."
But here's the thing: we all know exercise is good. We know diet matters. We know social connection helps. We know laughter is healthy. Books tell us. Doctors tell us. Social media tells us every day. Yet somehow, knowing is one thing. Doing is another.
Why?
The article says there is one factor often overlooked: joy.
Life without joy becomes a burden. Life without laughter becomes mechanical. Life without human connection becomes lonely. These words sound like common sense, yet they are the easiest things to forget.
I do online laughter yoga every day. Not because I am especially disciplined, but because I have noticed that after doing it, I feel lighter. Sometimes I even feel excited afterwards, because the people online have become real friends. This feeling is hard to explain to someone who hasn't tried it themselves.
The article lists five benefits of laughter yoga: reducing stress, increasing oxygen, boosting positive emotions, strengthening social connections, and encouraging movement. No equipment needed. No large space required. Just ten to fifteen minutes. But ultimately, these are just tools. Real change comes from how you view "purpose."
A life without purpose, no matter how long, is empty. I write every day. I exercise every day. These are my purposes. Without them, the days feel long and hollow.
Modern society values work and ignores play. Children laugh hundreds of times a day. Adults are weighed down by responsibilities. But play is not a luxury. It is a biological instinct. When I do laughter yoga, I am bringing play back into my life. It doesn't take long — just ten to fifteen minutes. Let go of worries. Rediscover your inner child.
Dr. Kataria's article has no data, no charts, no scientific citations. It simply states something many people already know but are not willing to face: living long is good, but living well is the real goal.
The question is: how do we move from "knowing" to "doing"?
I do online laughter yoga every day. Not to live to one hundred, but so that in those later years, I can still move, still laugh, and still feel a little bit of joy.
大笑瑜珈寫作課-海綿篇 / LY study sharing

留言
張貼留言